Saturday, January 10, 2009

Tiny Toasty Toes

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

The first of my grandson's socks are finished. It sure looks big, so it may be a sock for later in the year....
This is the first of my Heet the Feet sock for this year's blitz.

It's been a hectic week. My Eldest Son was moved into an assisted living facility this week. He has Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) due to a car accident he was in in 1997. He's been living with his father since then. Unfortunately his step mother really didn't like the idea of my kids being around in their marriage.... Youngest Son is the only one left over there-part time-and I'm sure it's because if he moves in full time with me child support will go up.

At any rate, he has his own apartment, three squares a day, a small kitchenette with sink, microwave and fridge. Be It's okay. I'm still concerned for a few reasons. Never in his life has he had to budget or save money. His father has always doled it out as he felt was appropriate. I'm concerned if ES has money, his addictions will surface again.

And....although there are 24 caregivers, they sure take their time to get to an emergency. My son has a power chair which he managed to tip over and fall out of yesterday. It took a good ten minutes for someone to answer the summons. Granted, he wasn't hurt or anything and it was just frustrating. But if he was hurt....

I am anxious about the situation but remain hopeful.

Keeping the "We" in "Yes, We Can!"

Getting Through tough financial times.

January 19 is Martin Luther King day. Since 1994 it has been declared a day of service. Can you be of service to someone in America? If, like me, you're not one for going out in public to do something, or, if you have to work, have small children, or whatever, how about considering knitting, crocheting or buying some socks or slippers for the Native Americans on the Cheyenne River Reservation at Eagle Butte, SD? Mailing information can be found at the Yahoo Group.
Everybody can be great, because everybody can serve.” -Dr. Martin Luther King

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!