Saturday, January 17, 2009

Ready to mail...

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

I finished up another of the Charity Log Cabin blankets last night. Had to....they need to be shipped out today. (Did you all know shipping costs go up tomorrow?) I shipped out three boxes of 24 hats, 3 blankets, 16 pairs of feetwarmers, and a scarf yesterday. Almost $25 in shipping costs using the slowest and least expensive way. I think I'm just going to get a large flat rate box and send it when it's full rather than holding on to it for blitzes. I love doing the knitting, but the shipping is killing me.

I need to do a couple of public thank yous. I received a box of yarn and granny squares from Joansie a week or so ago. Very nice yarns in mainly pinks and whites that I can use for above mentioned charity knitting. Blogless Kathy also sent me a box of various yarns. Some odds and ends of acrylics, and some wools. More fun, just deciding what to make with all the new yarns!With all that said about having new ww yarns to play with, I really need to get moving on birthday gifts for my February and March family. I'm looking at these Saki Socks for Eldest Daughter who lives in Hawaii. Although she hated wearing socks with sandals when she lived here, who knows? She might have given in to dominant Hawaiian culture.

I'm having greater difficulty in deciding on something for soon to be eight 2nd grandson, also living in Hawaii. Maybe a bookmark and gift card to Borders.....



Keeping the "We" in "Yes, We Can!"





1 comment:

  1. You're welcome, Lizzie. Love the Log Cabin. I have a particular fascination with that pattern.
    Postal rates going up...yikes! Well, you know how I feel about them so I won't even go there...lol.

    ReplyDelete

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!