Monday, January 12, 2009

Feetz 1 and Feetz 2

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

I finished these up last night. They are so cute!
Pattern: Magic 28
Needles: US4
Yarn: Lion Brand WoolEase You can't see it in the photo, but there are little bits of sparkle plied into the yarn that looks like tiny snowflakesThese are the slippers I finally fulled. They wouldn't be a good choice for an active person, but for an elderly person, perhaps mostly wheelchair bound....Pattern is only on Ravelry Yarn is Manos. Each slipper is composed of six three round granny squares. It's very simple to do, but again, not a good slipper for an active person.

I worked a good portion of the day on a Log Cabin blanket for the Reservation, too. I received it in November and haven't had much time to work on it since then. Pics when it gets bigger.

Mariella's been making scrap hats. They are really cute.... And heaven knows I have enough small balls of yarn rolling all over.

Persuader (Jack Reacher Series, #7) Persuader by Lee Child

rating: 5 of 5 stars

It's another good Jack Reacher novel. This one includes flashbacks to an earlier case. One Reacher thought was closed until he saw the man he was sure he'd killed pass him on the street and climb into a limo.

Jack asks a friend to look up the license plate, the government gets involved and Reacher finds himself planted in the middle of a very dysfunctional family trying to survive working for the most sadistic boss imaginable.

I couldn't tie up all the loose ends before Reacher did, although I did beat him to the draw once or twice! A good story.

View all my reviews.


Keeping the "We" in "Yes, We Can!"

I love the title of this essay! I don't often enjoy writings by religious people (especially the good Christian woman from Socknitters who started a big bruhaha implying that one of our knitters, a gay man was in league with the devil...but that's another story), but this one talks of service. MLK's birthday is January 19th, and I've pledged to get the blankets, hats and Feetz I have ready in the mail. :::Gulp::: They are heavy.

These look so neat.... Upside Down Hanging Planters...apparently for anything.

Saving water heater costs. I agree...except washing the clothes in cold water. If there is any oil or grease (including body oils) on the clothes, they won't come clean in cold water. Although chemically, soap or detergent doesn't need hot water to work, there has to be some way to loosen the grease/oils from the fabric so the soap molecules can capture them.

Some resolutions....you can try them out, too.

2 comments:

  1. Love the socks, especially the cuffs. Who are these for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a huge Lee Child fan! That said, I didn't too much like his latest novel.

    ReplyDelete

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!