Saturday, December 6, 2008

Still knitting.....

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

I did my three panels on the shawlette...right on schedule (despite the fact I spent most of the afternoon reading Casting Spells from cover to cover! Then I tried it on, laid it out and discovered, I think, I must have somehow lost several sts in the main part of the rows, cuz the newest stuff is much, much shorter than the old rows. IOW, it'll either be a fashion statement with one side shorter than the other, or it'll have to be frogged. Disaster on several levels:
  1. Frogging Mohair is not easy or fun.
  2. No time to knit another gift (not really true...I could easily make a pair of socks in time)
I'm sick...and a little scared to go upstairs and really find out if all this is true, or just a figment of my exhausted mind. I guess I'll spend some time looking through Ravelry for new ideas, JIC.
ETA: It's about an inch shorter....it's a gauge thing. The newest yarn isn't as bulky as the original yarn. I'm thinking pretty much it needs to be frogged.

Isn't this a cute idea?

Casting Spells by Barbara Bretton

rating: 5 of 5 stars
Oh what a great story! It's the LYS in Hogsmead! Knitting and magick together!

Chloe, the owner of a yarn store in Sugar Maple, VT, "where your yarn never tangles, you always get gauge . . . and the knitter sitting next to you comes out only after dark."

The residents of Sugar Maple are not your average New Englanders. Here the vampires and the Fey, and a few shapeshifters all get along....most of the time.

Chloe must find a way to connect with the magick her mother left behind and save the town from, you guessed it, the evil sorceress. All while teaching knitting classes, running the store and, oh, yeah, falling in love with the outsider human cop that she has to keep from finding out the town's secret.

I couldn't put it down.

Keeping the "We" in "Yes, We Can!"


What Dr. Suess says about no presents for Christmas:
Then he shook! What he saw was a shocking surprise!
Every Who down in Whoville, the tall and the small,
Was singing! Without any presents at all!
He HADN'T stopped Christmas from coming! IT CAME!
Somehow or other, it came just the same!
And the Grinch, with his grinch-feet ice-cold in the snow,
Stood puzzling and puzzling: "How could it be so?"
"It came with out ribbons! It came without tags!"
"It came without packages, boxes or bags!"
And he puzzled three hours, till his puzzler was sore.
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before!
"Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store."
"Maybe Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more!"

1 comment:

  1. That's too bad about the shawl. That pattern is more work than I anticipated.

    ReplyDelete

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!