Monday, September 15, 2008

Six Blankets....

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

I finished up the Granny Square blanket last night. After putting the squares together and adding a border, the blanket measures about 36 inches across, which is a good size for a newborn to toddler. I've started a Diagonal Box Stitch one that is about 25% done at this point.

While trying to decide if I was going to add HBO to my cable along with Showtime (have to watch the new season of Dexter!), I got a chance to watch the first two episodes of a new show on HBO, True Blood. They are loosely, from what I can remember, based on the Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlaine Harris. The Japanese have just developed a synthetic blood which is just like the "Real Thing." So, the vampires don't have any reasonn to "stay in the coffin". They are coming out while awaiting the passage of the Vampire Rights Act. Sookie meets her first vampire while working in the local bar. Mayhem ensues. The opening credits show lots of black and white photos and movie clips from the racial efforts in the '60s.

The shows are much better than the books in my opinion. Anyway, if you have HBO, watch them and tell me what you think. Oh, the negative thing...way too much foul language and nudity that doesn't enhance the story. I'm not a prude, but I don't think it needs to be there just cuz it's cable and it can be....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!