Monday, September 1, 2008


Pattern: Toddler Pullover
Yarn: Caron Wintuk
Needles: Us 4 & 5
Modifications: Collar instead of ribbed neckline. Additional length in body with crocheted edging. Seams done with crochet chain on the outside to add accents. Sleeve cuffs garter stitch instead of ribbing.
CO: Aug 27; BO: Aug 31

Youngest Granddaughter wasn't home to try it on, but I'm guessing if it does fit, it won't for long, even though the measurements are right on. The chest measurement is about 3 inches bigger than her chest. If not, it'll go in a box off to Youngest Grandson.

I used a seaming technique I think I read about somewhere, but maybe I dreamed it and unvented it. I sewed the seams with a very, very loose whip stitch and then crocheted the loose sts shut like one would crochet up a dropped stitch. Because of the multicolors of the sweater, I used black as an accent, but if one used it on a one color item, the seams would be slightly visible, and again, it would look like an accent.


  1. Lizzie, it is gorgeous. I like that you did the collar that way. Wish you had taken pics of how you finished the seams. I think this is your "masterpiece" thus far.

    Enjoy your vacation!

  2. That sweater is just beautiful! You did a fabulous job, and I like the sound of your creative seaming (plus it doesn't sound so much like sewing...)

    Have fun at Disneyland!!


I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!