Sunday, December 30, 2007

FO


I joined a Knit-A-Long (KAL) to get next years' gifts done in an organized manner. The rules state that a current list of five projects is published and then regular updates on how it's going. I made my list yesterday morning and have already finished one project. I wanted to take at least one gift with me when I go to visit my son in March. So I made some fulled kitchen stuff...hot pads, and a cover for a skillet handle. The round hot pad and handle cover are crocheted. That's why I was able to finish it so quickly. I want to get some blue dye for them, though. Their kitchen is in blues and I just don't think the pink and purple makes it!

One of the nice things about making my gift list up now is it's fun looking through all the pattern sources for ideas of what to make. I do enjoy looking at other people's finished projects and seeing the changes they've made to the patterns, what it looks like in other than the recommended yarns, colors, etc.


I was able to work on the Jolly Roger for awhile last night while watching The Karate Kid and Hook with my granddaughters. It's moving along quite nicely. I'm sure my grandson will be tickled with it!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link to the Year-Long KAL. I find that if somebody else knows that I'm supposed to be knitting/sewing something I'm much more inclined to finish it by the deadline. I'll be heading over to join.
    BTW - Your Jolly Rancher sweater looks so cool! I can't wait to see it completed.

    ReplyDelete

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!