Saturday, August 11, 2007

August 11, 2007

Froggies Like Blankets, Too
Froggies Like Blankets, Too magnify

Or more succinctly, froggies like knitters who can't count. Knit 15, Purl 15. Can't get much easier than that. All the progress I made yesterday had to be ripped out cuz I can't consistently count to fifteen. That's okay, cuz my grand daughter is going to first grade next week. Maybe she can teach me to count...

Other than that, had a fun day visitin' and knittin' with F. He's making me a pair of Fiber Trends Clogs for me for my birthday. He finished up the first one yesterday. Boy, howdy, knittin' those things is an act of faith. They are pretty ugly before fulling, and one really has to trust that the pattern writers knew what they were doing... Can't wait till we can full them to see if it really does work. (Yes, I know, "Oh ye of little faith...") I keep thinking these would make great Christmas gifts for the grands....

Had a lot of nice thunder yesterday and it smelled like rain. Of course it didn't rain. Just raised the humidity.

We bought two "easy to assemble" items yesterday. One a dresser. Only they didn't note in the directions there were two sizes of screws. It's really okay cuz they didn't include two sizes. Only the big ones. Which split the wood of the drawers. So dumpster diving to get the box back to take the thing back.

So we bought a step stool/chair thingie for the baby to use as a high chair. In order to put the back of the chair on, one must remove the seat. One of the nuts or bolts is stripped and it won't come off. That's okay, because the back of the chair got twisted somewhere between the drawing table and our house and even if we got the set off, the back wouldn't have fit.

misc 001_edited

misc 002_edited

misc 003_edited

Do we (1) use the stool without the back? (2) bend the back braces properly, drill holes in the legs and try to put it on ourselves ("ourselves" meaning our favorite Honey-Do, F)? or (3) take the whole thing back and do without, as that was the last one in the store?

We also bought another box fan to help with circulating air. I'm afraid to open the box...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!